Rising The Valory Music Co. artist Conner Smith is set to issue his first collection of music for the label as his debut EP Didn’t Go Too Far will hit all DSPs on Friday, January 14, 2021.
Working with Zach Crowell as his producer, Conner Smith co-wrote four of the six songs as well as serving as the sole writer of the EP’s lead-off track “College Town.”
“These past 6 months have been a wild ride and started off my career in a way I could only have dreamed of,” explains Smith. "Didn't Get Too Far is the next step for me. This group of songs really gives listeners a look into my world and my roots. I can’t wait to show fans more of who I am as a writer and a performer throughout this year.”
Growing up, Conner was inspired by his mother’s career as she interviewed musicians and transfixed listening to the stories about where the musician’s songs came from. By the age of 6, he was writing his own songs and by age 9, he was signed to a publishing contract with BMI and collaborated with both Zach Crowell and Ashley Gorley while still in high school. After years of writing as a working songwriter after school, Conner’s wild-eyed childhood dream comes full circle with the EP Release.
Conner Smith - Didn't Get Too Far Tracklist:
1. “College Town” (Conner Smith)
2. “Learn From It” (Conner Smith, Daniel Ross)
3. “Didn’t Go Too Far” (Conner Smith, Matt Dragstrem, Matt Jenkins)
4. “Take It Slow” (Conner Smith, Ryan Hurd, Mark Trussell)
5. “I Hate Alabama” (Nick Columbia, Drew Green, Hunter Phelps, Lee Starr)
6. “Somewhere In A Small Town” (Conner Smith, Zach Crowell, Hunter Phelps)