This past Saturday in Quapaw, Oklahoma, Chase Rice (“Gonna Wanna Tonight”) performed as part of a big festival but when he saw a VIP section separating the stage from the general admission fans who make up the core of his audience, he decided to do something about it and ran from the stage to the middle of that audience to perform six songs while standing on a folding chair. Fans swirled around and recorded the scene via their phones.
"Every show we play, no matter if it's a festival or a club or a big stadium, we give it everything we've got. When you come to one of our shows, I'm going to get in your face and I expect you to get in mine," said Rice. "We feed off of each other; that's what makes it fun. Oklahoma came ready to party that night, so we wanted to get out there and make sure they had the best time we could give them."
That kind of performance is a huge reason why Rice has grown from virtual unknown to one of country music’s most-popular touring acts in short order. His blend of contemporary country/rock and rhythmic sounds has given the DYI rising star a chance to partner with Columbia Nashville for his album Ignite The Night (which has sold nearly 300,000 copies to date) and scored top hits with “Ready Set Roll,” “Gonna Wanna Tonight” and “Ride” (the latter a hit on SiriusXM as was “How She Rolls”).
Fans wishing to see Chase Rice on tour can check out his JD and Jesus Tour, starting next month. The show will feature the Cadillac Three on select dates with Kelsea Ballerini set to join his Atlanta show on November 12.
Chase Rice JD And Jesus Tour Dates:
- Friday, Oct. 2 – Stage AE – Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Saturday, Oct. 3 – Lifestyle Communities Pavilion – Columbus, Ohio
- Sunday, Oct. 4 - Route 91 Harvest Festival – Las Vegas, Nev.
- Thursday, Oct. 8 – Hard Rock Live – Orlando, Fla.
- Friday, Oct. 9 – 440 Foundry Pavilion – Athens, Ga.
- Saturday, Oct. 10 – Track 29 – Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Thursday, Oct. 15 - The Egyptian Room at Old National Centre – Indianapolis, Ind.
- Friday, Oct. 16 - Aragon Ballroom – Chicago, Ill.
- Saturday, Oct. 17 – Masonic Auditorium – Cleveland, Oh.
- Wednesday, Oct. 21 – Handy Park – Memphis, Tenn.
- Thursday, Oct. 22 - Nutty Brown Café – Austin, Texas
- Friday, Oct. 23 - Cowboys Dancehall – San Antonio, Texas
- Thursday, Oct. 29 – 7 Flags Event Center – Clive, Iowa
- Friday, Oct. 30 – Sokol Auditorium – Omaha, Neb.
- Thursday, Nov. 5 – Myth Live Event Center – St. Paul, Minn.
- Friday, Nov. 6 – The Rave - Milwaukee, Wis.
- Saturday, Nov. 7 – The Fillmore – Detroit, Mich.
- Thursday, Nov. 12 - The Tabernacle – Atlanta, Ga.
- Friday, Nov. 13 – Iron City - Birmingham, Ala.
- Sunday, Nov. 15 – Ribfest – St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Wednesday, Nov. 18 - The Emporium - Patchogue, N.Y.
- Thursday, Nov. 19 - Lowell Memorial Auditorium – Boston, Mass.
- Friday, Nov. 20 - Terminal 5 - New York, N.Y.
- Thursday, Dec. 3 - Comerica Theatre – Phoenix, Ariz.