For years, Randy Rogers and Wade Bowen hit the highway as solo artists, both songwriters carving out their own brands of melody-driven country music. It was the "Hold My Beer and Watch This" tour -- an acoustic, collaborative tour that kicked off more than eight years ago -- that officially brought the two together, quickly growing from a handful of shows into an annual touring event.
This year, that long-running tour has spawned a 10-song album, Hold My Beer, Vol. 1, produced by legendary producer Lloyd Maines. Starting on May 21, Rogers and Bowen will play songs from that album, along with hits from their own catalogs, during the newest leg of the "Holy My Beer and Watch This" trek.
Rogers and Bowen will visit theaters across the U.S. with a 90-minute set that includes acoustic songs as well as full-band performances. The tour kicks off at the Nutty Brown Amphitheater in Austin and stretches across most of the country, including stops at the 2015 AmericanaFest in Nashville and a handful of home state performances across Texas.
"I'm ready to tour this record, we both have lived these songs and continue to do so," says Rogers.
"This is always my favorite time of year," adds Bowen. "Two buddies hangin' out playing music cause we love what we do. What could possibly be better?"
The duo's first radio single, "Standards" is gaining on at Country radio and is on its second week at No. 1 on the Texas Music Chart. Also reflecting their engaged fan base is a weekly growth of 20% per week at social media since the April 20th release.
To see Rogers and Bowen on the road, please visit www.holdmybeer.com. An initial list of dates, markets and venues (subject to change) is available below.
- 5/21 Austin, TX Nutty Brown Amphitheater
- 7/09 Omaha, NE at Slowdown
- 7/11 Saint Louis, MO at Old Rock House (outside)
- 7/12 Chicago, IL at Joe's Bar
- 7/14 Grand Rapids, MI at The Intersection
- 7/15 Columbus, OH at Newport Music Hall
- 7/16 Indianapolis, IN at The Vogue Theatre
- 7/17 Kansas City, MO at Crossroads
- 7/20 Corpus Christi, TX at Brewster Street
- 7/21 Nacogdoches, TX at Banita Creek Hall
- 7/22 College Station, TX at Harry's
- 7/23 Helotes, TX at Floore's Country Store
- 8/11 Amarillo, TX at Wild West
- 8/12 Lubbock, TX at Midnight Rodeo
- 8/19 Little Rock, AR
- 8/20 Wichita Falls, TX
- 9/2 Portland, OR at Dante's
- 9/3 Seattle, WA at Neptune Theatre
- 9/9 San Francisco, CA at Slim's
- 9/10 Los Angeles, CA at Troubadour
- 9/17 Nashville, TN at AmericanaFest