Just like last week, NBC's The Voice has an effect on the Top 5 Downloads in country music as both last week's #1, show contestant Craig Wayne Boyd, and a performer dominate the chart. The performer? Former The Voice contestant RaeLynn who is currently in the Top 20 with her debut single "God Made Girls." That song is the #1 song this week. Tim McGraw's "Shotgun Rider" is at #2 with 30k scanned while Carrie Underwood's "Something In The Water" is at #3. At #4 is Florida Georgia Line's "Sun Daze" while at #5 is Craig Wayne Boyd's single from last week, "Take It Easy." The track sold 20k but that was far from his 42k for "I Walk The Line" (which slides to #17 this week) sold the previous week.
Top 10 Notes
Lee Brice's "Drinking Class" sits at #6 with Luke Bryan's "I See You" at #7. Eric Church's "Talladega" is at #8 with Blake Shelton's "Lonely Tonight" (which features Ashley Monroe) at #9. Blake and Ashley's single will certainly rise up the Top 10 after being performed on The Voice this week. Rounding out the Top 10 is Sam Hunt's second single "Take Your Time." The sing-song-y single is sure to join "Sun Daze" at #1 and #2 in the coming weeks (after The Voice is over and the Holidays have closed).
Notable Track Notes
Jason Aldean has two songs in the Top 15 with fast riser "Just Gettin' Started" and Platinum single "Burnin' It Down" while Maddie And Tae's "Girl In A Country Song" sits at #1 on the Radio chart while also being certified GOLD, not bad for a song which hasn't scanned digital Gold yet (though with streaming metrics becoming bigger, it certainly has gotten there if you add streams into the equation. Sam Hunt's former Top 10 hit and nearly Platinum "Leave The Night On"is at #19 while Brett Eldredge's "Mean To Me" is at #19. Blake Shelton's "God Gave Me You" and nearly Gold "Neon Light" are within the Top 30 while Parmalee returns at #30 with "Close Your Eyes."
Outside The Top 30 Notes
- Randy Houser "Like A Cowboy" at #32 With 188k scanned to date
- Scotty McCreery "Feelin' It" up to #34 with 248k scanned to date
- Canaan Smith "Love You Like That" at #36 with 103k scanned to date
- Luke Bryan "Drink A Beer" at #41 with 1.3m tracks scanned to date
- Chase Rice "Gonna Wanna Tonight" returns to #65 with 72k tracks sold to date
- Old Dominion "Break Up With Him" at #79 with 20k tracks sold to date
Songs falling out of the Top 30 This Week
- Darius Rucker "Homegrown Honey" (likely only gone for one or two weeks)
- Nashville Nuggets "Mom" (Garth Brooks Cover Track)
New singles that may debut next week
- Craig Wayne Boyd - "The Old Rugged Cross"
- Craig Wayne Boyd - "Workin' Man Blues"
The Top 30 Digital Country Singles (12/10/2014)*
*Chart Numbers rounded to nearest thousandth.
|1||RaeLynn||God Made Girls||34,000||250,000|
|2||Tim McGraw||Shotgun Rider||30,000||324,000|
|3||Carrie Underwood||Something In The Water||29,000||529,000|
|4||Florida Georgia Line||Sun Daze||22,000||200,000|
|5||Craig Wayne Boyd||Take It Easy||20,000||20,000|