Casey's last ride Kris Kristofferson
1. Casey joins the hallow sound of silent people walking down
2. Casey leaves the underground and stops inside the Golden Crown
1. the stairway to the subway in the shadows down below
2. for something wet to wipe away the chill that's on his bone
1. Following their footsteps thru the neon darkened corridor
2. Seeing his reflection in the lives of all the lonely man
1. of silent desperation never speaking to a soul.
2. who reach for anything they can to keep from going home.
1. The poison air he's breathing has the dirty smell of dying
2. Standing in the corner Casey drinks his pint of bitter.
1. cause it's never seen the sunshine and it's never felt the rain.
2. Never glancing in the mirror at the people passing by.
1. But Casey minds the arrows and ig-nores the fatal echoes
2. Then he stumbles as he's leaving and he wonders if the reason
C D e D7
1. of the clicking of the turnstile and the rattle of his chains.
2. is the beer that's in his belly or the tear that's in his eye.
1. 'Oh' she said 'Casey it's been so long since I've seen you.
2. 'Oh' she said 'I suppose you seldom think a-bout me
1. Here' she said 'Just a kiss to make your body smile.
2. Now ' she said ' now that you've a family of your own.
1. See' she said 'I've put on new stocking just to please you
2. Still' she said 'it's so blessed good to feel your body.
1. Lord' she said 'Casey can you only stay a while.'
2. Lord' she said 'Casey it's a shame to be alone.'
'Oh' she said 'Casey it's been so long since I've seen you.
Here' she said 'Just a kiss to make your body smile.
See' she said 'I've put on new stocking just to please you
Lord' she said 'Casey can you only stay a while.'
Lord' she said 'Casey it's a shame to be alone.'